Guarantee & Care
THE KLIM® GEAR PROTECTION GUARANTEE
KLIM has your back.
If you are involved in a motorcycle *accident within FIVE YEARS of purchasing *qualifying KLIM® gear, KLIM® will replace the damaged KLIM® gear FREE OF CHARGE.
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident and have damaged *qualifying KLIM® gear, here’s how to get it replaced:
- Take photos of your *qualified damaged gear you are requesting to have replaced.
- Obtain a copy of your official accident report and take readable photos/scans of the entire document.
- Visit www.klim.com/gear-protection-guarantee and fill in all required information.
- Upload all gear photos and accident report photos when prompted.
- Once submitted, customer service will review your case and contact you within 10 business days to let you know if you qualify for replacements and arrange the details.
* AN OFFICIAL GARDA/POLICE REPORT MUST BE PROVIDED TO KLIM® TO REVIEW IN ORDER BE EVALUATED FOR REPLACEMENT GEAR
* QUALIFYING GEAR:
- All KLIM® GORE-TEX Motorcycle outerwear Jackets and Pants
* KLIM® reserves the right to evaluate each accident on a case-by-case basis, establish whether the program rules were followed and approve or deny each request accordingly.
* KLIM® will not approve gear replacement requests from riders that have been shown to have caused/contributed to the accident through illegal activity or that were caused by riders under the influence of any mind-altering/illegal substance.
* DISCLAIMER: Riding a motorcycle greatly increases your risk of an accident. Please ride responsibly and always wear protective gear to reduce the chance of injury.
Submit your warranty claim in 3 simple steps:
- Login or create a new account with us on KLIM.com
- From the “My Account” page select “Cases” at the bottom of the menu.
- Select “Submit New Case”
Click HERE to login
Warranty/Repair items that need to be washed and dried prior to being processed will be assessed a €35.00 cleaning fee and could be delayed up to 4 business days.
KLIM Warranty Policy
General Warranty Terms
We warrant *every product we make to be free of material, manufacturer, or workmanship defects for the **practical lifetime of the product. Additionally, all KLIM GORE-TEX® products are GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® for the **practical lifetime of the product. If these products fail due to a manufacturing or material defect, we will repair the product without charge, or replace it at our discretion. This warranty is not transferable.
* KLIM GOGGLES are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for one  year from the date of purchase. Scratches and fogging are not covered under this warranty. General warranty terms apply.
** What does the practical lifetime of the product mean? The practical lifetime of a product is not indefinite. The intensity under which the product is used determines this factor. Materials will deteriorate and fade over time and moving parts will wear out. We design our products to endure extended periods of use. Use your best judgement, if it looks worn out then it likely is. It may be time to simply replace your product, we hope you will give Klim the opportunity to enhance your experience in the most demanding conditions.
The following items will void the lifetime warranty of the product even if the issue is unrelated to these damages:
- – Rips, tears, cuts
- – Burns, abrasions
- – Accidents, crashes
- – Improper care, negligence
- – Normal wear and tear
- – Modifications, alterations
- – Use other than the product’s intended purpose
Please wash and dry your garment before sending it in.
This will avoid a €25.00 Cleaning Fee and up to a 4 business day delay in processing – required prior to the evaluation and to insure the health and safety of our employees. Please follow the care instructions on the inside tag. Care instructions are also available on our website. http://www.klim.com/Care-Instructions
Shipping to Austria for returns, ask to add a signature request to return delivery.
Klim assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Please be sure to ship the package with a carrier that can provide tracking and insurance. Once the warranty is complete, we will contact you letting you know that your item will be shipping out to you. Please let us know when setting up the case if you would like a signature request. Should you live in an area that you don’t feel comfortable with it being delivered at your front door, or know you potentially will be out of town during delivery, we can add this for a small fee. This guarantees that the item will not be left at the front door unless it is signed for.
For cases covered by warranty, normal processing time is about 5-business days once warranty receives the item. During our peak seasons the process time might be longer. If the product is a non-warranty repair (customer paid repair), the typical processing time is 10 business days. Pricing varies – after your product is assessed, we will contact you with a quote and request that you approve the charges. The 10-day processing time goes into effect once we have your approval. Keep in mind if your product has to be washed and dried it could cause a delay of up to 4 business days.
If a manufacturing or material defect is found, we will first repair the item to Klim quality. This is how the repair vs replace decision is made:
- Our first option will be to repair the item, free of charge. Repaired items will be subject to available parts. We will do our best to match colors and styles, but we cannot guarantee that you will receive the exact product back.
If the product is not repairable, or if the cost of repairing the item exceeds the cost of a new one, we will replace it – at our discretion.
GORE-TEX® is a highly evolved technology in waterproof/breathable garment construction. It’s not a top-coating on the outside of a fabric and it’s not a magic system of weaves. KLIM’s GORE-TEX® construction is a customized combination of layers processed precisely into what we call laminates. Like a layered cake or sandwich, A KLIM garment featuring GORE-TEX® technology incorporates multiple layers.
A Two-Layer GORE-TEX® piece (like many of our Performance Shell jackets and parkas) features a laminate combo that is simply two-parts: an outer fabric and a GORE-TEX® membrane. The GORE-TEX® membrane is bonded to the outer fabric (outer shell of the garment) only. This provides high wearing comfort, flexibility and versatility/simplicity in the designs of clothing because the total laminate thickness is generally lighter. The GORE-TEX® membrane is easily seen in a Two-Layer piece as a white, slippery surface on the inside. These products usually incorporate a wicking inner liner (mesh) to help protect the GORE-TEX® membrane from wear and tear as well as enhance breathability.
In a Three-Layer GORE-TEX® piece (like all of KLIM’s pants and bibs and everything in the Pro-Shell category) the Gore membrane is bonded to both the outer fabric and an inner lining. This eliminates movement, friction and, as a result, excess wear and tear on all layers of the laminate. A Three-Layer piece also allows for advanced construction techniques like Comfort Mapping. The main benefits of a Three-Layer GORE-TEX® piece from KLIM are increased durability throughout, higher potential levels of breathability and a more robust build/feel.
KLIM has developed and embraced many unique construction methods and materials into our riding gear over the years. The theory behind each system is similar and the result of each is improved comfort for the rider. But the application and method differences are significant.
The easiest way to differentiate between the two is this: Zonal Technology involves insulation and Comfort Mapping is a specific GORE-TEX® construction/laminating method. Both keep the hot areas of your body cooler and the cold areas of your body warmer during your rides—increasing your overall comfort balance. Here’s a breakdown of each:
– KLIM’s Zonal Insulating Technology incorporates differing layers of insulation to affectively control heat retention across the body. Areas that are prone to rapid cooling and affected by head-on wind-chill will be given greater levels of insulation while areas of the body more prone to overheating and sweating will receive less or no insulation. Zonal Technology is a custom built gear intended to enhance the human body’s inherent physical properties of heat retention and cooling via insulation.
– The underarm area has less insulation than the chest. Why? Because the underarm produces more heat, requires maximum breathability. Adding uniform insulation across the entire pattern will have you overheating sooner than a Zonal system. The chest takes full frontal beating in frigid environments. Increasing insulation here aids in maintaining excellent heat balance across the body.
– Another key benefit from Zonal Technology is the different types of insulation KLIM can incorporate into designs. From silver-based antimicrobial insulation to siliconized highly compressible and non-bunching insulation, KLIM garments can be completely engineered to work with your body.
– Comfort Mapping is best described as controlling GORE-TEX® laminates to maximize the body’s comfort. In addition to the inherently durable waterproofness and supreme breathability GORE-TEX® is known for, Comfort Mapping brings more comfort to your ride. Comfort Mapping controls heat loss and breathability by adding materials to the GORE-TEX® laminate—usually on the innermost layer next to the body.
– With Comfort Mapping, gear designers and material engineers can custom tune a garment to be maximally breathable in areas like underarms and lower back while adding other benefits where relevant. Whether its protection from conductive heat loss for the body or adding more durable abrasion-resistant materials to keep garments lasting longer, Comfort Mapping is the most advanced custom tailoring method used in today’s non-insulated GORE-TEX® outerwear.
– Comfort Mapping adds incredible comfort to non-insulated garments without adding bulk, loose hanging layers or compromising the flexibility of premium outerwear shells.
Zippers are like Chains !They need maintenance too. Depending on the environment your riding in depends on how often you need to perform this very simple task. The main zipper on your jacket gets the most use therefore it needs the most love. Below is the simple task of keeping your jacket working like new. This works on all zippers!
What you need:
A little cup of water
Soap or dish soap if available
Old tooth brush
Dry silicone spray or pen
Take your jacket with the zipper closed, open if its stuck, and dip the tooth brush into the water and gently work it along the zipper making sure to use plenty of water to flush out dirt and debris. If your jacket wont zip up do this to each side. At the bottom or the zipper head make sure to really let the water get in there to flush out the dirt. While the zipper is still wet start to work the zipper up and down to clean out any leftover debris. Do this about three or four times. You can let the zipper air dry or pat dry with a towel. Now it’s time to apply the dry lube. With spray its best to have the zipper closed or the jacket zipped up. Lightly coat the entire zipper with the dry Silicone spray. Work the zipper up and down three to four times. Pat dry any excess and your good to go. If using the pen you will go through the same steps but no need to dry off excess.
Field Fix no spray, pen, or tooth brush
If you have a hydration back blow into the tube and pressurize your hydration bladder. Now you have a Minnie pressure washer. This also works if you are stuck in your jacket. Use the mouth piece and wash down the zipper with the pressurized hose. Repeat the steps above until you dislodge all the debris. You can sub the Spray with a candle or candle wax, Chap stick or Wax paper. Do not use oil this will only make things worse!
KLIM takes great pride in providing the most comprehensive Warranty in the industry. No other brand stands behind their products like KLIM. From our GORE-TEX® GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY® Promise to our Lifetime Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship, you can buy KLIM product with confidence.
As always, KLIM Customer Service is available. Contact info@klimireland or call 00353 (0) 45 842862 to chat with someone regarding warranty.
KLIM incorporates integrated armor into many motorcycle jackets and pants. Also, some products have armor pockets which are able to accept optional armor pieces. KLIM sells two kinds of optional/replacement armor: D3O® and what we call “CE”. The main differences between KLIM’s optional armor kits is in the technical way each absorbs impact, the impact ratings of certain pieces and how the armor interacts with the human body during normal, non-impact riding movements.
Impact Ratings: Both the D3O® and “CE” lines of armor available from KLIM have the same impact rating on the extremity or “limb” pads (elbows, knees and shoulder). There is only one level of rating for these areas. Only in the back pad does D3O® reach a higher rating. Here, the D3O® product reaches a Level II rating where the “CE” product is rated at a Level I.
Impact Performance: D3O® is an “intelligent armor”. Its molecular structure is capable of reacting to impacts based on the speed or rate of movement (how fast it compresses is another way of thinking of it). When an impact occurs (high rate of speed/shear), D3O® absorbs the impact as the molecules lock together and spread out the force of the impact.
“CE” armor is a more basic padding structure. Its high-quality foam core provides good shock absorption in line with CE standards for limb and back pads. The foam works organically, absorbing impact through compression and dispersing across its foam structure.
Interaction: D3O® has an advantage over some other forms of armor in that it retains a softer, flexible state when not impacted. This makes D3O® very desirable for riders who don’t want to feel their pads until they need them, so to speak. The highly flexible properties are possible because regular riding movements are generally low in speed and when moved slowly, D3O® molecules flow freely.
KLIM’s “CE” pads are constantly the same density and have the same flexibility when impacted or when moving slowly. Most riders notice the presence of CE pads more than D3O®. Your personal preference will determine which padding is right for you.
At KLIM, we build our gear out of the best materials available, every time, with no exceptions. We’ve explored every option of waterproof/breathable technologies for the motorcycle rider and found that only GORE-TEX® brings the complete package of durably waterproof, supremely breathable and incredible comfort to your ride.
Some technologies do some things well, others do other things well. But nothing does it all like GORE-TEX®. Our partnership with Gore is highly involved and if there were better technologies out there that could deliver similar results and services that Gore does, rest assured we would put our name on them.
We’re confident that if you want the best there is, KLIM and GORE-TEX® are the only way to go.
If you are involved in a motorcycle *accident within FIVE YEARS of purchasing *qualifying KLIM® gear, KLIM® will replace the damaged KLIM® gear FREE OF CHARGE.
Click HERE for more details.
Yes, we do offer minor repairs. Each request is determined on a case by case basis depending on the extent of damage and the product. Repair pricing varies depending on the job. After your product is assessed we will contact you with an estimate. Typical repair processing time is 10 business days starting the day the estimate is accepted. Warranty/Repair items that need to be washed and dried prior to being processed will be assessed with a €35.00 cleaning fee and could be delayed up to 4 business days. Contact KLIM Customer Service.
At KLIM, every warranty claim is handled personally and professionally by our in-house staff. For over 12 years, KLIM has been building and standing behind the best riding gear in the world. Our warranty team is unmatched at delivering personal, professional service.
Every claim starts with an evaluation and cataloging process through Customer Service. Once a product has been arranged for return to KLIM Headquarters, our in-house warranty team steps into action. Every piece/issue is handled on a case-by-case basis with exceptional care taken in evaluating, testing and tracking solutions to each claim in line with KLIM’s Warranty Policy.
All aspects of our Warranty Process are handled with a strong focus on efficient communication to the customer. From laboratory testing to professional repair, KLIM strives to provide more value with every transaction.